- An incline in mercury levels have a seemingly proportional relationship with alcoholic beverage purchases; lineups outside both LCBO and The Beer Store were witnessed on a scorching Friday afternoon.
- Driver impatience - in addition to general recklessness - were frequent sightings amidst the climate change as well.
- Perhaps the greatest source of "culture shock", should I be able to depict it as so, was the utter absence of a helping hand in a public environment. Having queued for my turn at the empty can return entrance and suddenly experienced a tumble of empty beer cans, I was almost appalled that not a single member of the lineup came to my assistance. However, the realization dawned upon me nearly immediately: COVID-19 is centred about contact surfaces, after all.
assortment of Korean shaved ice and caffeinated beverages. Keeping up with snack trends originating from the motherland, recently spotted were the popular basque cheesecake and POGO-style spicy cheese corn dogs.
A triple dose of coffee was precisely what the doctor ordered. A Regular shaved ice was a splendid portion for two (or even three after a heavy meal); crunchy bits of chocolate wafer cookies adorned the surface of our Cappuccino bingsoo, along with a faint smear of sweetened condensed milk along the rim of the Styrofoam container. It was tricky to distinguish whether the dessert had employed the conventional method of alternate layering, for it was on the milder side of the flavour gamut, even between sips of iced coffee. Successfully resisting rapid dissolution amidst sweltering external conditions, we were able to polish off the contents of the container before their eventual ice lump evolution.
- Salt, pepper, olive oil, and a dash of onion salt for the veggies;
- Lemon zest marinade and a cha siu glaze for the chicken