The closure of Put A Cone On It had inflicted a forceful blow; the past few weeks were spent in denial. However, I am now back on my feet, striving to recreate the coveted Matcha White Chocolate Chip Cookie that I had been fortunate enough to encounter in the time gone by.
1) Several videos later, I took to executing the formula yielding the most similar consistency. The first trial wasn't entirely fruitless, but its efforts resulted in cookies that were far too sweet even when paired with the most potent of coffee brews. An in-depth analysis would be required in preparation for the next release.
3) Matcha Nutella Latte - an unexpectedly indulgent combination
9) Starbucks' Caramel Cloud Macchiato was regrettably nothing more than a sweet, creamy latte. On the bright side, the inclusion of whipped egg was essentially imperceptible.
10) Continuing my experimental quest of local craft beers
A post-climbing meal took place at Sikgaek, as opposed to the originally suggested Myungdong Kalguksu.
The Makgulli was unmistakably smoother than Man Doo Hyang's housemade variation, which was to be expected given the rigorous commercial filtering process. Our server brought the bottled beverage to our table, along with a gold-tinged teapot-like contraption and small bowls. Consuming alcohol from a bowl remains an intriguing custom to me.
A mini kimchi stew was brought over some short while later; the waitress explained that it was included with the makgulli order. Although the statement left both of us utterly perplexed, we gladly accepted the bonus.
I take back my previous comments in regards to the family-owned restaurant. The makeshift "Oyako Don" with chicken and vegetable stew over rice was positively preposterous! In no way, shape, or form did it bear a resemblance to authentic oyako don. Moreover, the supposed "stew" was merely a repugnant mess of peppery, starch-thickened goop.
The Sora Roll was decent, but not decent enough to justify a thirty-plus price tag and fifteen-minute wait surrounded by oily fumes.
With that said, one ought to stick to the Entertainment section for better value.
21) The ultimate post-work treat: Vanilla Cone in a Cup
22) Mother Nature has deemed it "too early" for spring weather after all.