I had granted myself a short breather from the venture, which permitted indulging in other interests - namely GOT7 fancams and food adventures.
1) Attempting the Inkigayo Sandwich
Never to be the quickest at picking up trends, news of the Inkigayo Sandwich hadn't quite made its way to my attention until orangecane uploaded her extremely overdue Korea post.
Many YouTubers had developed their own rendition on the broadcast station cafeteria special, which I scrutinized down to the very detail before formulating my own recipe.
Potatoes were neglected - for carbs on carbs is just excessive - and a dash of fresh dill was incorporated. Homemade strawberry jam was substituted for the sugary storebought nonsense. Imitation crab meat was wholly forgotten until the slaw filling had been completed and set to chill.
(Side story: Amidst setup preparations, someone carelessly dropped my coleslaw on the ground, cracking the container in a manner I hadn't thought possible. Hence, there was no other choice than to wrap up leftovers in a flimsy plastic bag...reminiscent of scraps. Sigh.)
We ended the evening off by dashing out into the streets with a confused, angry middle-aged man questioning our identities. Fun things do happen downtown.
4) The Roasted Garlic Bun from 7 Baker is probably their best item yet. I ought to have tried their savoury options sooner!
6) Being the most infrequent flyer (read: an entity exempt from wanderlust) amongst my friends, it isn't uncommon to request small tokens from their travels in the form of kitschy souvenirs.
8) It wouldn't be a visuals round up without CoCo, now would it? orangecane and I worked some tea-pathy on this particular outing.
11) I've belatedly discovered that beer is cheaper than bubble tea, and further contains the carbonation factor that I enjoy.
12) Scaling Just One Cookbook's recipe for my own Houjicha Shortbread Cookies resulted in excessive cakey-ness. Hmm...back to the drawing - er, recipe - board.
Considering the countless cookie failures in the past few weeks, orangecane suggested adhering to a recipe without making any substitutions or quantity adjustments to yield better results. This time around, I followed the procedure closely, though did double the ingredient amounts (precisely by the gram).