Unspoken but undoubtedly understood is the amount of support offered by Toronto IGOT7s. That said, I wasn't the only one who contemplated welcoming them into the city after a long flight from Incheon.
The boys emerged from doors shortly after 11 AM, accompanied by countless members of staff, security, and police. Some girls began screaming, but as our view was shrouded, we passed it as a false alarm. But, all of a sudden, some girls began running.
Event staff and airport security had sneakily planned an exit from the side door, then through a back door leading outside of the building. A black van was situated outside of the terminal on industrial grounds, and a member of security blocked the door. The level of security and protection was beyond our expectations; the unexpected egress path caught us by surprise.
Scrambling to the other side of the terminal, a floppy green ribbon was passed on amongst some girls to surround them. I had not comprehended the purpose of this tape at the time, and merely worked to dive around the tape's boundaries. It was later made known to me that this so-called "Green Ribbon Galaxy" was meant to "protect GOT7 from harm". Personally, it was viewed as nothing more than an excuse for certain organizers to gain first access to low-quality, vertical video filming instead.
Police, security, and event staff escorted them the entire way, rendering them completely unapproachable. The entire duration of their exit probably lasted no more than seven minutes. And while there were nearly one hundred ahgases on the premises, all maintained their distance and kept their space while shouting words of salutation and adoration.
- Jackson: I had a very clear view of Jackson as he was at the front of the sequence. Once eye contact had been secured, I shouted a "Hi Jackson!" while waving and received a distinct nod of acknowledgement in return.
- Mark: He was camouflaged behind a member of staff/security and passed by very quickly.
- BamBam: Behind Jackson was BamBam, clad in an extremely high-fashion, double-denim ensemble with Comme Des Garcons footwear. My utterance of "BamBam!" was met with a glance and slightly upturned corners of his mouth - a faint smile!
- Youngjae, Yugyeom: Trailing behind BamBam, clad in black, were Youngjae, and Yugyeom.
- Jinyoung: My eyes scanned the parade for a sight of Jinyoung, until finally, my vision fell upon a mint green snapback. He was here!
Vivid in my memory was spotting Jinyoung, then reaching over the man's raised limbs to wave a Ziploc-encased envelope bearing his name in Hangul. "Jinyoung! Jinyoung!" I shouted while waving the letter frantically, "제발 제발 제발 제발!" (translation: Please! (x4))
By this point, I could no longer see his face nor approaching body; my height had stunned me. In my mind, it felt like a century of waiting, but soon enough, the Ziploc was pulled from my fingertips and taken with him on his route out. I HAD SUCCEEDED!!!
"Thank you, thank you!" I wailed, as the staff members loosened their reins.
- JB: Leader-nim was the last of the seven in sequence and, quite frankly, I had suffered too tremendous of a shock to remember to wave or utter a greeting.
It occurred to us that by the time the TTC took us to the intersection, the Supreme fanatic would be long gone. I suggested a trek along the waterfront, for I knew for a fact that not a single member had visited the area on their previous trip(s).