1) Gorgeous gradients in the morning sky
4. Exploring Port Credit on a lovely Sunday afternoon
10. Wristband arm candy prior to their unfortunate misplacing
13. Hokkaido Milk Tea and Taro Milk Tea from Green Grotto
14. The CN Tower feat. the UP Express Terminal / Skywalk
Steamed baos are a type of hype: fluffier than burger buns but relatively easy to make, their lack of flavour provides an ideal base for any odd combination of flavours. (Yes, you read that right - odd.) They're nothing new to those acquainted with the fattiness and meaty juices of Taiwanese gua bao, but are quite the staple snack in Asian fusion cuisine downtown.
"Well this is quite the prime location." I thought. Between OCAD students and nine-to-five-ers in the nearby business complexes, Mean Bao fills the demand for quick, tasty eats at an unbeatable price. There is no need for an extensive menu here either; it's consistency and convenience that prevails in this market.
Described as a mishmash of ground pork (which I had ordered with mild spice), cucumber, and green onion, the Sloppy Jones Bao was satisfying enough for the small eater that I am. I did, however, have to take breaks in between bites to wash down the spiciness, since it wasn't nearly as mild as I had hoped.