And so after a dreadful 4 months of math (partial differential equations included) and Japanese (which wasn't actually that dreadful, but our prof was a boring with a capital B and I had to drag myself up at 10 AM every morning to get to 1:30 PM class on time), I'm finally in Vancouver - a place where even consistent rain makes me happy.
As I'm writing this, it's actually Day 3 of Wandering in Wonderland. But whatever, I shall recap Days 1 and 2 as I like.
Trying to download K-Variety and K-Dramas for the plane ride. Find K-Variety, but not much Nail Shop Paris.
Reluctantly drag myself out of my bed to prep for the flight.
- Arrive at airport.
- Wait for 8:55 AM boarding in seating area just to hear "Flight XXX will be delayed. It will now leave at 10:00 AM with boarding at 9:35 AM." over the speakers. UGH. And I was planning to just get on the plane and pass out. So much for that.
- Speakers come on again: "Flight XXX will now be departing from Gate OO and will leave at 10:35. Boarding at 10:15 AM." What. The. Hell. Again, fighting the urge to let my eyelids droop to low, I move to the new specified gate number.
- Notify Mom, Dad and relatives that were supposed to pick me up from the airport.
- I am informed of another gate change over the speakers. Wheel my hand-carry to the new gate.
- FINALLY board the plane. Pass out before take-off.
11:15 AM ~ 3:45 PM
- Alternate courses of sleeping and K-Variety-watching on the plane, while making room for the ingestion of a chicken wrap and cheese & crackers. Arrive happy since the person in front of me decided that she did not feel the need to lean all the way back like other passengers, therefore allowing me to view videos on my laptop easily.
12:50 PM (PST)
Arrive in Vancouver.
- Have lunch at Baker One Cafe in Aberdeen as Aoyama has closed down.
- Realize that probably wasn't the best idea - the Aoyama staff was nicer and the food was better.
- Wander into Giordano in search of possible cute clothes. Unable to step out all possible pairs of wackily patterned harem pants have been tried on.
(P.S. I FOUND BADMAN-ESQUE PANTS!!!! WAHAHAHAHA XD)
Rush to H-Mart to buy groceries and cook dinner.