At 9:30 AM, I walked through the doors into my usual Vancouver hair salon. And somehow, I remained there until 3:30 PM.
And I was only there for a slight trim, to get highlights done, and get a hot oil treatment.
But apparently bleaching my hair first was necessary to achieve the highlight colour I wanted, and according to my hairstylist, the process had to be repeated twice.
While the term already sounded quite frightening, the shock became more realistic when she peeled back the tin foil pieces to reveal eerily white streaks. (O _ O)
At that point, the numbers that appeared on my watch informed me that it was already nearing noon. Yet I couldn't go for lunch yet since she would start colouring my hair soon. (Soon, as in approximately 20 minutes later.
Instead, lunch had been a somewhat cold bowl of leftover broccoli soup. Breakfast had been a super greasy pineapple bun from the bakery next door and a Java Chip frapp. (Super healthy, I know.)
The colouring took another I-don't-know-how-long, but in the end, I walked out with a subtly purple streaked-mane that was (almost) devoid of split ends.
Originally, I had been hoping to have time leftover to explore Aberdeen Centre post-hair appointment. But since I couldn't leave until 3:30 PM, there was only enough time to grab a small snack before heading over to my grandparent's place to pick them up.
The sun was just about on the other side of the sky when we arrived, so we walked onto the balcony to capture some photos before leaving.
Though quite different from its name, Cattle Cafe does not specialize in steaks or anything of that sort. Instead, they excel in creating custom noodle mix bowls - customers can choose their own (MSG-free) soup base, type of noodle, 2 toppings for the noodles, and 2 side dishes all for $8.50! The portions were extremely generous and, even when I took my leftover to go, it took me a whole three more meals to finish it!
I also really enjoyed their iced milk tea, and coming from me, that's saying a lot.
The entire meal was just great in general, and I even signed up for a membership card when the bill came around. For every dollar spent, you get one point; once you collect enough points, you can simply come in and claim a free mini meal (available between 3-6 PM and after 9 PM)!
- JUNE 28, 2014 - Mill St. Brewery, Toronto Pearson Airport
- JUNE 29, 2014 - NorthWest Fan Fest 2014
- - Red Star
- JUNE 30, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 1/2, 2014 - Vancouver to HK Part 1 (Vancouver International Airport)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 2 (Flight to Seoul)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 3 (Incheon Airport, Arrival in Hong Kong)
- JULY 3, 2014 - Mong Kok
- JULY 4, 2014 - Macau Day Tour
- JULY 5, 2014 - Shopping in Causeway Bay
- JULY 6, 2014 - Tsui Wah Restaurant, I SQUARE
- JULY 7, 2014 - Arriving in Taiwan + Akazubo (Hankyu)
- - Exploring Eslite
- JULY 8, 2014 - Food and Family Dinner
- JULY 9, 2014 - Ximending
- JULY 10, 2014 - Taipei 101, Ding Tai Fung
- - ATT 4 Fun
- - Birthday Buffet
- JULY 11, 2014 - SOGO, Taipei Underground Mall
- JULY 12, 2014 - Exploring the Area + Shinkong Mitsukoshi
- JULY 13, 2014 - Breakfast + Taoyuan Airport + Flight Back to Vancouver
- JULY 14, 2014 - Mega Sushi
- JULY 15, 2014 - Maji Taiwanese Cuisine
- JULY 16, 2014 - Thai Food + Family Dinner @ The Jade
- JULY 17, 2014 - New Hair + Cattle Cafe
- JULY 18, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 19, 2014 - Garage Sale + MiniComi
- JULY 20, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 21, 2014 - Cattle Cafe + Bubble Tea at Yaohan
- JULY 22, 2014 - Vancouver Aquarium
- JULY 23, 2014 - Lost in Burnaby + Afternoon Tea at Adonia
- JULY 24, 2014 - Journey via Canada Line + Pinkberry
- JULY 25, 2014 - Richmond Night Market (Part 1)
- - Richmond Night Market (Part 2)
- JULY 26, 2014 - Back to Toronto