(Among locals though, it is simply known as the 'Night Market'.)
You could, of course, just take public transit. But having to fumble with a ticket while lugging large bags whatever-you-happened-to-buy home with you doesn't quite sound like my idea of fun. Plus, there's always parking if you go early.
Rewinding back a couple years though, there used to be two night markets in Richmond: one that retailed cheap, and poor quality goods in addition to involving parking a substantially far distance away from the market, and one that parking within close proximity but very few retailers.
A little while back, the former closed down; the only active night market now is known as the Richmond Night Market and is located right outside the Bridgeport Skytrain Station / River Rock.
And in case you're wondering, a one-time ticket is $2, though I do believe there is a booklet of tickets available for $20 that one can share with friends or family members that happen to be frequent visitors.
We stopped by the food vendors first, as we hadn't eaten dinner yet and these were the places that were expected to become increasingly busy as the market went on.
The vendors described the hashimaki as a "savoury Japanese crepe".
We passed by this taiyaki stall, and the guy there was making nutella and marshmallow taiyaki!
I mean, a savoury taiyaki?! How cool is that!!
I ended up getting a cherry lemonade somewhere along the way.
And then we finally made it to the shops section.
K-Pop-themed socks are something you'll always be able to find. The same applies to small plush charms and figurines/posters from popular anime series. The collection does expand every year though, and sometimes the prices go up with it.
Read more in PART 2 !
- JUNE 28, 2014 - Mill St. Brewery, Toronto Pearson Airport
- JUNE 29, 2014 - NorthWest Fan Fest 2014
- - Red Star
- JUNE 30, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 1/2, 2014 - Vancouver to HK Part 1 (Vancouver International Airport)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 2 (Flight to Seoul)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 3 (Incheon Airport, Arrival in Hong Kong)
- JULY 3, 2014 - Mong Kok
- JULY 4, 2014 - Macau Day Tour
- JULY 5, 2014 - Shopping in Causeway Bay
- JULY 6, 2014 - Tsui Wah Restaurant, I SQUARE
- JULY 7, 2014 - Arriving in Taiwan + Akazubo (Hankyu)
- - Exploring Eslite
- JULY 8, 2014 - Food and Family Dinner
- JULY 9, 2014 - Ximending
- JULY 10, 2014 - Taipei 101, Ding Tai Fung
- - ATT 4 Fun
- - Birthday Buffet
- JULY 11, 2014 - SOGO, Taipei Underground Mall
- JULY 12, 2014 - Exploring the Area + Shinkong Mitsukoshi
- JULY 13, 2014 - Breakfast + Taoyuan Airport + Flight Back to Vancouver
- JULY 14, 2014 - Mega Sushi
- JULY 15, 2014 - Maji Taiwanese Cuisine
- JULY 16, 2014 - Thai Food + Family Dinner @ The Jade
- JULY 17, 2014 - New Hair + Cattle Cafe
- JULY 18, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 19, 2014 - Garage Sale + MiniComi
- JULY 20, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 21, 2014 - Cattle Cafe + Bubble Tea at Yaohan
- JULY 22, 2014 - Vancouver Aquarium
- JULY 23, 2014 - Lost in Burnaby + Afternoon Tea at Adonia
- JULY 24, 2014 - Journey via Canada Line + Pinkberry
- JULY 25, 2014 - Richmond Night Market (Part 1)
- - Richmond Night Market (Part 2)
- JULY 26, 2014 - Back to Toronto