The day had started off on a rather dull note, with a few grey clouds more than the day before and not a ray of sunshine in sight. I hopped onto the bus umbrella-less, but realized that it had started raining slightly when I reached the Metropolis at Metrotown bus terminal some forty five minutes later. At that point, rain had yet to become a concern of mine.
My second realization was that Crystal Mall wasn't as close to Metrotown as I had initially thought. And only after spending a good 15 minutes of trying to pinpoint my exact location on Google Maps and rerouting was I able to find myself where I wanted to be.
Word of Warning: Steer clear from all Chinese food in the Crystal Mall food court. In addition to being disgustingly greasy and foul-tasting, it also happens to be inexplicably pricey. Instead, go for the food options that are located off to the side of the food court, close to the shops. While equally un-budget-friendly, these are the places that will satisfy your gustatory senses.
For the first time ever, I decided to give this off-to-side crepe place I try.
She might have used egg waffle batter instead, as she was also selling various flavours of the sweet snack there, but I can't be sure. A hint that caused me to conjure up this possibility was how she placed the crepe in front of a small fan after assembling it.
I had ordered a Chicken, Corn, and Lettuce crepe, and even with the sauce and everything, it had managed to stay crisp down to the very last bite. Amazing.
And because no meal is complete without a drink, a Strawberry Slush (made from real strawberries instead of that powdered dust powder) was purchased from Tea Plus, our favourite drink place at Crystal Mall.
In case you're curious about their selection, they have the greatest number of K-Pop posters, fan goods (both official and unofficial), and albums that I've ever seen in Canada. Most places don't carry fan goods for rookie groups, but KR is an exception - they actually have a pretty good selection of GOT7 items!
And yes, they have more K-Pop-related merchandise than Broadcast at Pacific Mall.
But, alas, it had starting raining quite heavily. And here I was, umbrella-less.
Making two more rounds around the mall to see if the rain would lessen in the meantime, it became a fact it wasn't going to lighten up at any time soon, thus forcing me to purchase a cheaply-made one for much more than it was actually worth for the safety of the poster I had just purchased.
When I got to the Metropolis bus terminal, the bus back to Richmond had already left. Being the impatient one, I went up to the SkyTrain platform to see if transferring between lines would be faster. It wasn't. So back down I headed to wait for the next bus.
Once I finally got back to Richmond, I met up with my aunt and grandmother for afternoon tea. She drove us down to Vancouver to this cozy little tea house by the name of Adonia.
- JUNE 28, 2014 - Mill St. Brewery, Toronto Pearson Airport
- JUNE 29, 2014 - NorthWest Fan Fest 2014
- - Red Star
- JUNE 30, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 1/2, 2014 - Vancouver to HK Part 1 (Vancouver International Airport)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 2 (Flight to Seoul)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 3 (Incheon Airport, Arrival in Hong Kong)
- JULY 3, 2014 - Mong Kok
- JULY 4, 2014 - Macau Day Tour
- JULY 5, 2014 - Shopping in Causeway Bay
- JULY 6, 2014 - Tsui Wah Restaurant, I SQUARE
- JULY 7, 2014 - Arriving in Taiwan + Akazubo (Hankyu)
- - Exploring Eslite
- JULY 8, 2014 - Food and Family Dinner
- JULY 9, 2014 - Ximending
- JULY 10, 2014 - Taipei 101, Ding Tai Fung
- - ATT 4 Fun
- - Birthday Buffet
- JULY 11, 2014 - SOGO, Taipei Underground Mall
- JULY 12, 2014 - Exploring the Area + Shinkong Mitsukoshi
- JULY 13, 2014 - Breakfast + Taoyuan Airport + Flight Back to Vancouver
- JULY 14, 2014 - Mega Sushi
- JULY 15, 2014 - Maji Taiwanese Cuisine
- JULY 16, 2014 - Thai Food + Family Dinner @ The Jade
- JULY 17, 2014 - New Hair + Cattle Cafe
- JULY 18, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 19, 2014 - Garage Sale + MiniComi
- JULY 20, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 21, 2014 - Cattle Cafe + Bubble Tea at Yaohan
- JULY 22, 2014 - Vancouver Aquarium
- JULY 23, 2014 - Lost in Burnaby + Afternoon Tea at Adonia
- JULY 24, 2014 - Journey via Canada Line + Pinkberry
- JULY 25, 2014 - Richmond Night Market (Part 1)
- - Richmond Night Market (Part 2)
- JULY 26, 2014 - Back to Toronto