But before heading towards the lounge, I made a quick trip around the stores they had at the Hong Kong airport.
A giant Fujifilm Instax camera was also spotted.
Later on I went to explore a small bookstore. Besides retailing typical overpriced gifts and magazines like the airport bookstores we have in Canada, it was also selling toys, cookbooks, and some cute stationery.
We boarded the aircraft shortly after.
Since Taiwan is only about a 1-hour flight from Hong Kong, a short nap and the ingestion of an in-flight lunch was all there was time for before preparations for landing had to be made.
So, naturally, the only thing left to do while sitting in a taxi during daytime (aka perfect lighting conditions) in a foreign country for an extended period of time is to take lots of photos - besides checking all your social networking sites since they have Wi-Fi inside the moving vehicle (like how cool is that?!).
Women with pink helmets would just whiz by us once we arrived in Taipei, and some scooters were even carrying two people: a small child holding onto the handlebars while standing with their parent sitting behind them. A very common use for the scooters, as we observed, were for delivering takeout.
My third observation of the afternoon: all taxis were yellow in Taiwan.
We have black or blue/white taxis in Canada, and red or green taxis in Hong Kong.
For our one-week stay in Taipei, we resided in the Xinyi area at W Taipei.
Read PART 2 for more!
- JUNE 28, 2014 - Mill St. Brewery, Toronto Pearson Airport
- JUNE 29, 2014 - NorthWest Fan Fest 2014
- - Red Star
- JUNE 30, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 1/2, 2014 - Vancouver to HK Part 1 (Vancouver International Airport)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 2 (Flight to Seoul)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 3 (Incheon Airport, Arrival in Hong Kong)
- JULY 3, 2014 - Mong Kok
- JULY 4, 2014 - Macau Day Tour
- JULY 5, 2014 - Shopping in Causeway Bay
- JULY 6, 2014 - Tsui Wah Restaurant, I SQUARE
- JULY 7, 2014 - Arriving in Taiwan + Akazubo (Hankyu)
- - Exploring Eslite
- JULY 8, 2014 - Food and Family Dinner
- JULY 9, 2014 - Ximending
- JULY 10, 2014 - Taipei 101, Ding Tai Fung
- - ATT 4 Fun
- - Birthday Buffet
- JULY 11, 2014 - SOGO, Taipei Underground Mall
- JULY 12, 2014 - Exploring the Area + Shinkong Mitsukoshi
- JULY 13, 2014 - Breakfast + Taoyuan Airport + Flight Back to Vancouver
- JULY 14, 2014 - Mega Sushi
- JULY 15, 2014 - Maji Taiwanese Cuisine
- JULY 16, 2014 - Thai Food + Family Dinner @ The Jade
- JULY 17, 2014 - New Hair + Cattle Cafe
- JULY 18, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 19, 2014 - Garage Sale + MiniComi
- JULY 20, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 21, 2014 - Cattle Cafe + Bubble Tea at Yaohan
- JULY 22, 2014 - Vancouver Aquarium
- JULY 23, 2014 - Lost in Burnaby + Afternoon Tea at Adonia
- JULY 24, 2014 - Journey via Canada Line + Pinkberry
- JULY 25, 2014 - Richmond Night Market (Part 1)
- - Richmond Night Market (Part 2)
- JULY 26, 2014 - Back to Toronto