We left the house early in the morning, had lunch at the Vancouver airport, headed off to Incheon on a 10-/11-hour flight, waited a few hours for our transfer flight (whilst doing some speed shopping), and finally landed in Hong Kong around 4 AM PST / 4 PM HKT.
Since the airport is still quite a distance from our hotel, I didn't really get a chance to sleep until 3 AM HKT after settling. Geez, what a day!
And so here come the photos!
In contrast to Toronto Pearson, the Vancouver airport never fails to amaze with the number of culinary selections available both inside and outside the security check area. Upon my uncle's recommendation, we had lunch at a Japanese/Chinese restaurant called "Hanami", which, by far, scored the lowest in customer service rankings in my books. The (extremely oily) food was slow and the waitresses were extremely rude and unwelcoming; I would definitely choose an alternative next time I travel internationally.
Overall, it was just a huge display of inefficiency from the staff at the international section of the Vancouver airport.
I expected the duty-free area to be more heavily decorated with red- and white-themed items as it was Canada Day, however I was disappointed to see that Vancouver lacked quite heavily in patriotism. The only displays were some Canadian flags hung inside a large gift shop as well as this window display.
In general, the duty-free shopping area basically looked like this:
- JUNE 28, 2014 - Mill St. Brewery, Toronto Pearson Airport
- JUNE 29, 2014 - NorthWest Fan Fest 2014
- - Red Star
- JUNE 30, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 1/2, 2014 - Vancouver to HK Part 1 (Vancouver International Airport)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 2 (Flight to Seoul)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 3 (Incheon Airport, Arrival in Hong Kong)
- JULY 3, 2014 - Mong Kok
- JULY 4, 2014 - Macau Day Tour
- JULY 5, 2014 - Shopping in Causeway Bay
- JULY 6, 2014 - Tsui Wah Restaurant, I SQUARE
- JULY 7, 2014 - Arriving in Taiwan + Akazubo (Hankyu)
- - Exploring Eslite
- JULY 8, 2014 - Food and Family Dinner
- JULY 9, 2014 - Ximending
- JULY 10, 2014 - Taipei 101, Ding Tai Fung
- - ATT 4 Fun
- - Birthday Buffet
- JULY 11, 2014 - SOGO, Taipei Underground Mall
- JULY 12, 2014 - Exploring the Area + Shinkong Mitsukoshi
- JULY 13, 2014 - Breakfast + Taoyuan Airport + Flight Back to Vancouver
- JULY 14, 2014 - Mega Sushi
- JULY 15, 2014 - Maji Taiwanese Cuisine
- JULY 16, 2014 - Thai Food + Family Dinner @ The Jade
- JULY 17, 2014 - New Hair + Cattle Cafe
- JULY 18, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 19, 2014 - Garage Sale + MiniComi
- JULY 20, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 21, 2014 - Cattle Cafe + Bubble Tea at Yaohan
- JULY 22, 2014 - Vancouver Aquarium
- JULY 23, 2014 - Lost in Burnaby + Afternoon Tea at Adonia
- JULY 24, 2014 - Journey via Canada Line + Pinkberry
- JULY 25, 2014 - Richmond Night Market (Part 1)
- - Richmond Night Market (Part 2)
- JULY 26, 2014 - Back to Toronto