On our third day (or second official 'full' day), we went on a day tour to Macau, and if I could sum up the entire day in one sentence, it would probably be along the lines of "toiling through immense heat while trying to snap as many photos as possible."
Well, at least, that's how it felt for me.
I'm pretty sure I was ->thisclose<- to getting a heat stroke that day. No joke.
Quite frankly, the day had been much too hot for a tour that involved walking for more than 5 minutes outside, but as we wanted to avoid as many other tourists as possible, we had chosen to go on our second day in HK.
After a quick breakfast, we boarded the ferry to Macau.
And seriously, you would not believe that amount of luggage-tolling Mainlanders there were at the ferry terminal. Not only did they clog up the main pathways with their ginormous bags, but they also made no attempts at unblocking your path when you politely asked them to move aside. A couple little monsters even shoved us aside while we made several desperate attempts to enter the gate to avoid missing our ferry.
Despite the safety posters plastered all over the inside of the ferry and the safety precautions video playing on the monitors at the front, the Mainlanders on the boat completely ignored the "Fasten your seatbelt" and "Stay seated while the boat is in motion" signs and instead all crowded near the windows to take photos. I don't think I've ever seen such an uncivilized mess of people in my life.
Here a few mediocre-quality snaps I was able to capture while seated on the tour bus.
The next stop was short distance away from the Macau Tower.
And here's me in tourist mode.
Notice how completely disheveled I look. Yep, that's how hot it was. (And just imagine, it was only the beginning of the day...)
Truthfully, I had wanted to do the Skywalk too, seeing as Key and Arisa had done it on GWGM. My dad decided against that though, since we only had 15 minutes to recuperate before heading out to our next stop.
And so instead, we strolled through the bakery on the lower level of the convention center and tried some tofu- and hazelnut-flavoured gelato.
In the meantime, here are some more tour bus window snaps.
- JUNE 28, 2014 - Mill St. Brewery, Toronto Pearson Airport
- JUNE 29, 2014 - NorthWest Fan Fest 2014
- - Red Star
- JUNE 30, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 1/2, 2014 - Vancouver to HK Part 1 (Vancouver International Airport)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 2 (Flight to Seoul)
- - Vancouver to HK Part 3 (Incheon Airport, Arrival in Hong Kong)
- JULY 3, 2014 - Mong Kok
- JULY 4, 2014 - Macau Day Tour
- JULY 5, 2014 - Shopping in Causeway Bay
- JULY 6, 2014 - Tsui Wah Restaurant, I SQUARE
- JULY 7, 2014 - Arriving in Taiwan + Akazubo (Hankyu)
- - Exploring Eslite
- JULY 8, 2014 - Food and Family Dinner
- JULY 9, 2014 - Ximending
- JULY 10, 2014 - Taipei 101, Ding Tai Fung
- - ATT 4 Fun
- - Birthday Buffet
- JULY 11, 2014 - SOGO, Taipei Underground Mall
- JULY 12, 2014 - Exploring the Area + Shinkong Mitsukoshi
- JULY 13, 2014 - Breakfast + Taoyuan Airport + Flight Back to Vancouver
- JULY 14, 2014 - Mega Sushi
- JULY 15, 2014 - Maji Taiwanese Cuisine
- JULY 16, 2014 - Thai Food + Family Dinner @ The Jade
- JULY 17, 2014 - New Hair + Cattle Cafe
- JULY 18, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 19, 2014 - Garage Sale + MiniComi
- JULY 20, 2014 - Photos N/A
- JULY 21, 2014 - Cattle Cafe + Bubble Tea at Yaohan
- JULY 22, 2014 - Vancouver Aquarium
- JULY 23, 2014 - Lost in Burnaby + Afternoon Tea at Adonia
- JULY 24, 2014 - Journey via Canada Line + Pinkberry
- JULY 25, 2014 - Richmond Night Market (Part 1)
- - Richmond Night Market (Part 2)
- JULY 26, 2014 - Back to Toronto