Ah, academia, how I utterly despise you. (Graduation simply can't come any sooner.)
Four weeks flew by with the whirl of the first snowfall: it comprised of a short period of bliss (the first few days back to hell) intertwined with awkwardly-spaced lessons with zero guidance but all of the workload. At least there was Chinese New Year to wrap up the month on a more cheery note.
Festive markets, heaps of red decor, new attire, family dinners, and, in my case, five-hour-long Skype calls with long-distance relatives make up my regular celebratory routine. It's also not uncommon to find exotic meal bowls spanning from leftovers of said family dinners.
Quick mall errands can sometimes work up a substantial appetite. For tasty pre-dinner snacks that are best shared, Mii Sandwich comes to the rescue with Fresh Rolls, a sweet-savoury Lemongrass Chicken Banh Mi, and Longan Iced Tea (with real longan fruit!). The meal totalled just over fifteen dollars, which was quite hefty in my opinion; the add-ons and substitutions rang in at atrocious rates.
Flavour-wise though, there's really nothing to complain about.
4) Campus visuals, including Starbucks' new chocolatey Confetti Hearts Cake Pop and a Custom Tea Latte with English Breakfast and Smoked Butterscotch Syrup
6) The start to a great afternoon
7) The tiniest, fastest-dissolving ice cream cones from Galleria (at least the waffle cones were superbly crisp)
9) CoCo's Tea of the Month: Matcha Milk Tea w/ Red Bean
10) Taiyaki from Galleria and starch-laden Chicken (unathen)Nuggets from Burger King
Cultures shall no longer only known for salad bowls. In strides their compact selection of frozen yogurt options that gives Pinkberry a run for its money (Square One location only). Mango and Coconut is a winner with an extra-tart froyo base that doesn't disintegrate at the speed of gradually approaching midterms, sweet shreds of coconut, and ripe chunks of juicy mango.
15) Maple & Bacon Popcorn as a mid-morning snack
After all, it's a leap year, and something feels oddly special about that. (Not to mention that 2017 is GOT7's year.)