Desperately trying to find something healthier and more filling to indulge in besides Halloween-themed Smarties ("Scaries") and chocolate chip oatmeal raisin cookies, I decided to mix together some good ol' pure pumpkin with some chocolate.
The result? Totally yummy chocolate pumpkin pudding cake minis that are low in cholestrol and rich in Vitamin A! ＾▽＾/
< Crust >
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar *
- 1 tsp pure pumpkin pumpkin
< Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse/Pudding >
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar *
- 5 tbsp pure pumpking puree
- 1 cup water (add more/less if necessary)
- 1 tbsp half & half cream *
- 1 square Baker's unsweetened chocolate *
- 2 tsp potato starch
1) Preheat oven to 375 F.
2) Place all crust ingredients into a large bowl. Combine well.
3) Press into silicon baking cups and bake for 12-14 minutes or until top is slightly browned. Let stand for at least 10 minutes or until the cups are cool enough to work with. While the crust is cooling, make the chocolate pumpkin mousse/pudding filling.
4) Add cream to chocolate and melt in the microwave. Required time may vary depending on your microwave manufacturer, wattage, etc. (I have a 1200 W Panasonic and melted the chocolate in two 20-second sessions, stirring and adding a little bit of water after each addition.
5) Once the chocolate has completely melted, fold in sugar and pumpkin puree. Add water, or more cream, to thin out the mixture accordingly.
6) Combine potato starch with 2-3 tbsp water and add to the mixture. Mix well.
7) Checking that the crusts have cooled completely, spoon the filling into each silicon cup.
8) Refrigerate until the cakes can be easily removed from the silicon cups (about 4-5 hours).
Makes 11 mini-cakes.
To make this recipe to be vegan:
- Switch up the powdered sugar for raw honey or raw cane sugar
- Confirm that the baking chocolate you are using is vegan before proceeding
- Substitute the cream used during the chocolate-melting process with soy or almond milk
(For each mini-cake)
Fat: 3.5 g
Saturated: 1.2 g
Cholestrol: 0.5 mg
Sodium: 9.9 mg
Potassium: 23.3 mg
Carbohydrates: 17.8 g
Fibre: 2.0 g
Sugars: 8.7 g
Protein: 1.9 g
Vitamin A: 30.0 %