Inspired by Aeri's Kitchen and using the remaining vegetables in the fridge, I was able to whip this up in less than an hour. =D
- 1.5 cups of brown rice ddeokbokki (Korean rice cakes) *
- 4 - 4.5 tbsp jajang sauce
- 1.5 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 stalk long green onion, chopped
- 1 package (200g) frozen scallops, defrosted *
- 1 cup frozen vegetables, defrosted (opt.)
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 3 cups of broccoli, cut into florets and separated from stalk pieces
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 5-6 cups water
1) Steam carrots and broccoli until slightly cooked. They should have changed colour slightly but not become so soft that they can easily be pierced.
2) Mix jajang sauce with 2 cups of water. Combine well.
3) Heat one tbsp of vegetable/canola oil in a pot on medium-high. Combine green onion and garlic, and pan fry until fragrant (about 3 mins). Be careful not to burn the garlic.
4) Add in ddeokbokki, vegetables, scallops and diluted jajang sauce. Slowly stir in 2 cups of water.
5) Mix cornstarch with remaining water and pour into jajang broth.
6) Distribute sauce evenly among vegetables and ddeokbokki.
7) Cook until vegetables are soft and ddeokbokki is still semi-firm.
8) Remove from heat immediately and cover until ready to serve.
Makes 25 servings.
- To make this recipe to be vegan/vegetarian, omit the scallops.
- To lower the number of carbs, substitute ddeokbokki with "cauliflower rice".
Fat: 0.6 g
Saturated: 0.0 g
Cholestrol: 2.6 mg
Sodium: 64.8 mg
Potassium: 66.6 mg
Carbohydrates: 8.3 g
Fibre: 0.7 g
Sugars: 1.0 g
Protein: 2.4 g
Vitamin A: 46.5%
Vitamin C: 18.4 %