You can switch up the sweetened condensed milk for maple syrup or honey to make the recipe dairy-free! =)
- 5 tbsp canned coconut milk (150 cal)
- 1 cup water (if using congealed coconut milk)
- 5 tbsp sweetened condensed milk (306.875 cal)
- 4 pitted prunes (80 cal) (opt.)
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (4 cal)
- 1 tsp of coffee granules
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of agar agar, dissolved * IMPORTANT: I forgot to add this and the ice cream was all crumbly =(
Total Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Active Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes about 1 L.
1) If using, process the prunes to a paste, with a few small chunks remaining, in a high-speed blender or food processor.
2) Shake the canned coconut milk well and add to the prunes. If you did not shake the can before opening, simply mix the congealed coconut milk with water until it reaches your desired consistency.
3) Add sweetened condensed milk. Blend well.
4) Mix coffee granules with 3 tbsp of water. Add cocoa powder, coffee mixture, and salt to the mixture. Blend again.
5) Transfer to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions.
6) Serve and enjoy!
- For a creamier result with a stronger coconut flavour, feel free to add more coconut milk.
- For a thinner consistency, feel free to add more water.
- For a sweeter ice cream, feel free to add more sweetened condensed milk.
Total Calories: 542.875 cal
Calories per 1/2 cup: 64.2 cal